Yvette Maier
Executive Director of Human Resources and Student Services
(619) 445-3236 ext. 803

Alesa Gudmundson
Administrative Assistant-Programs
(619) 445-3236 ext. 803


Our 2024-25 student transfer application period is January 9 to March 22

Transfer applications will not be accepted prior to January 9, 2025.

Interdistrict Transfer:

If you DO NOT live in the Alpine Union School District boundaries, and would like to enroll at Alpine Union School District, you will need to bring the completed Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form 341) to your District of Residence. Once it is approved, they will send it to us for review. If you already have an approved form signed by your current district of residence, please scan and email it to

If you currently live in Alpine, and would like to submit a transfer to attend a school/school district out of our District boundaries, you will need to submit completed and signed Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form 341) to Once it is approved, Alpine Union School District will send it to the District requested.

Intradistrict Transfer:

If you live in Alpine and wish to enroll in another school within our District for the 2024-25 school year, please fill out and complete the Intradistrict Transfer Request . You must scan and email it to

All submitted forms will be reviewed in August, before the beginning of our 2024/25 school year.

Any questions regarding approvals, may be submitted to

All parents will be notified by email.

Transfer applications submitted are approved pending available space at the desired school and/or program. Should a school receive more transfer requests than there are spaces available, approval will be determined through a random, unbiased selection process to establish the order in which transfers will be approved and to initiate a waiting list. Transfer requests received before the deadline will have priority over transfer requests received after the deadline. However, the order in which transfers are received prior to the deadline has no effect on the approval decision.


  • The District will notify the parent/guardian by US mail of their decision within timeframes specified below

  • Education Code 46600-46603 provides the following timeframes for notifications:

    • For requests submitted during the regular school year, districts shall respond within 30 days of submitting the request.

    • The district will notify a parent/guardian submitting a future year request of its final decision as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the commencement of instruction in the school year for which the interdistrict transfer is sought.

  • Transfers can be dropped off at the district office during normal business hours or sent via U.S. mail to the district office. Processing of all transfers received during our open enrollment period will begin in May. Notification of application status (approved, not approved, on hold) will subsequently be made via email.

While your application is pending, your child must attend school in the district of residence, a charter school, a private school, or other option complying with California compulsory education requirements.

Pertinent Parent Information

  • Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent.

  • Falsification of information on a request form shall result in denial of the request or revocation of enrollment already granted.

  • While a transfer is pending, the student must remain at school of current attendance until the transfer is approved.

  • Shadow Hills Elementary is a dual immersion school that provides instruction to students in Spanish and English.


Interdistrict Transfer (Out of district)

1.) INTERDISTRICT transfers are from one DISTRICT to another DISTRICT. Due to the passage of Assembly Bill 2444 in 2010, parents who wish their child to remain at the same school for which the previous transfer was approved no longer need to complete a new application form for the next year.

*** NEW INCOMING INTERDISTRICT TRANSFER REQUESTS - Parents/students who wish to attend AUSD but live in another school district must first complete the Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form #341-SS) and obtain a signature of approval from their district of residence before submitting the application to AUSD.

Intradistrict Transfer (Between schools in the district)

2.) INTRADISTRICT transfers are from one SCHOOL to another SCHOOL within the Alpine Union School District, and you live within our boundaries.

NOTE: Incomplete applications will be returned and will need to be resubmitted with all required documents.

OUTGOING TRANSFER REQUESTS- Parents/students who live within AUSD and wish to attend a school in another school district must complete the Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form #341-SS). This form is then be submitted to AUSD and a signature must be obtained, releasing the student from AUSD, prior to submitting the application to the desired district.

STUDENTS WHO MOVE - If you have moved or plan to move into a new boundary area and wish to have your child remain at his/her current school, you will need to submit an Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form #341-SS) for consideration. Please contact your new HOME District to obtain the form.

PRESCHOOL - Questions regarding preschool should be directed to (619) 659-8250.

TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN - Transitional kindergarten is offered at Creekside Early Learning Center