AUSD 2020-2021 student transfer application period is
January 21 to March 27, 2020
Transfer applications will not be accepted prior to January 21. 2020
Timeframe for District Response
- The District will notify the parent/guardian by US mail of their decision within timeframes specified below
- Education Code 46600-46603 provides the following timeframes for notifications:
- For requests submitted during the regular school year, districts shall respond within 30 days of submitting the request.
- The district will notify a parent/guardian submitting a future year request of its final decision as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the commencement of instruction in the school year for which the interdistrict transfer is sought.
- Transfers can be dropped off at the district office during normal business hours or sent via U.S. mail to the district office. Processing of all transfers received during our open enrollment period will begin in May. Notification of application status (approved, not approved, on hold) will subsequently be made by US mail.
While your application is pending, your child must attend school in the district of residence, a charter school, a private school, or other option complying with California compulsory education requirements.
* Pertinent Parent Information *
- Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent.
- Falsification of information on a request form shall result in denial of the request or revocation of enrollment already granted.
- While a transfer is pending, the student must remain at school of current attendance until the transfer is approved.
- Shadow Hills Elementary is a dual immersion school that provides instruction to students in Spanish and English.
OUTGOING TRANSFER REQUESTS- Parents/students who live within AUSD and wish to attend a school in another school district must complete the Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form #341-SS) form. This form is then be submitted to AUSD and a signature must be obtained, releasing the student from AUSD, prior to submitting the application to the desired district.
STUDENTS WHO MOVE - If you have moved or plan to move into a new boundary area and wish to have your child remain at his/her current school, you will need to submit an Inter- or intra-district Attendance Permit form for consideration.
OVERFLOW STUDENTS - All overflow students (students who attended a school other than their home school due to overcrowding at their home school) may remain at that school for the 2019-2020 school year without submitting another transfer. Transportation will be the responsibility of the parent.
PRESCHOOL - Questions regarding preschool should be directed to (619) 659-8250.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN - Transitional kindergarten is offered at the Creekside Early Learning Center
* There are Two Types of Student Transfers *
(Out of district)
1.) INTERDISTRICT transfers are from one DISTRICT to another DISTRICT. Due to the passage of Assembly Bill 2444 in 2010, parents who wish their child to remain at the same school for which the previous transfer was approved no longer need to complete a new application form for the next year.
*** NEW INCOMING INTERDISTRICT TRANSFER REQUESTS - Parents/students who wish to attend AUSD but live in another school district must first complete the Application for Interdistrict Attendance Permit (Form #341-SS) and obtain a signature of approval from their district of residence before submitting the application to LGSD.
(Between schools in the district)
2.) INTRADISTRICT transfers are from one SCHOOL to another SCHOOL within the Alpine Union School District.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will be returned and will need to be resubmitted with all required documents.