Extended Student Services
We have redesigned our Extended Student Services (ESS) program in response to COVID-19. We will be offering child care from 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM for Alpine Union School District (AUSD) students from grades TK/EAK through eighth grade. We operate programs on the Creekside Early Learning Center (CELC) and Boulder Oaks Elementary School (BOES) campuses for all school sites. Our staff is ready to provide a nurturing environment filled with praise, encouragement, and support. ESS staff focuses on providing a kind, safe, respectful, and responsible environment where students can begin and end their day. We will be following all the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines and protocols.
Hours & Days of Operation
AM - 7:30 AM to School Start Times
PM - until 6:00 PM
ESS follows the AUSD student calendar and is closed on holidays, school breaks, and during the summer.
Activities at each site vary and are based on weekly themes. They may include but are not limited to arts & crafts, group games, physical activities, music & movement, puzzles, video games, STEAM, special guests, free choice, and homework time.
During COVID-19, priority registration for childcare will be given to foster youth, homeless youth, and parents who work in the critical infrastructure areas determined as necessary during the COVID-19 crisis. Those areas are listed below:
- Health Care and Public Health
- Emergency Services, Law Enforcement, Public Safety, and other First Responders (any position in emergency services)
- Food and Agriculture (includes pharmacy and grocery workers, restaurants and agricultural workers)
- Energy (electric, petroleum, natural gas, technology - cybersecurity and systems that support critical workforce sectors)
- Government Facilities
- Transportation & Logistics (includes transportation agency support staff and mail/delivery services)
- Water, Wastewater & Public Works and Infrastructure (electricians, exterminators, contractors, etc. providing services necessary to maintain safety and sanitation)
- Communications and Information
- Other Community or Government-Based Operational and Essential Functions
- Critical Manufacturing
- Hazardous Materials (nuclear reactor and hazardous waste)
- Defense Industrial Base (services required to meet national security commitments to the federal government and U.S. Military providing and their subcontractors)
- Commercial Facilities (workers in hardware and building materials stores, consumer electronics, technology and appliances retail, distributing, servicing, repairing, installing residential and commercial HVAC systems, boilers, furnaces and other heating, cooling, refrigeration, and ventilation equipment.
To register for the ESS program you will need to complete the registration online at 6crickets.com or by clicking the button below: