Photography at JMMS
Students in the photography program will create original photographic images of increasing complexity and increased skill.
• Engage in expressive art experiences, gaining personal insight and appreciation of his or her accomplishments and the accomplishments of others in photography.
• Apply what he or she learns in photography as well as related careers.
• Learn to manage time and to use equipment and photographic materials efficiently.
• Identify, record, and use the elements of art as he or she explores, analyzes, and talks about what he or she sees in the physical world an in what he or she creates in photography.
• Identify, record and use the principles of design in exploring, analyzing, and talking about what he or she sees in the physical world and in what he or she creates in photography.
• Compare, contrast and analyze styles of photography from a variety of time, places and cultures.
• Explore the role of photography in human history and its impact on the evolution of the visual arts.
• Develop specific criteria to assess the qualities and merits of photographs.
• Apply appropriate criteria when analyzing content and technique in photographs.
• Discuss and describe various purposes of creating photographs. • Express his or he ideas about photography and give reasons for his or her preferences in photography.